Sunday, November 13, 2011
Day 5 of our Deep South Trip was mostly driving, although we did go to the Vicksburg Battlefield in Vicksburg, MS, the Capitol Building in Jackson, MS, and the Medgar Evers’ statue, also in Jackson, MS.
Some of my favorites throughout the trip have been:
Top 3 Cities:
3) Baton Rouge, LA– It is the capitol of Louisiana and has the coolest capital that I have visited yet. (I’ve been to six.)
2) Savannah, GA– Savannah is home to many famous people, movies, books, history, and very cool houses.
1) New Orleans, LA-I love Cajun food and I love the city in general.
Top 3 Restaurants:
3) Collins Dream Kitchen (Jackson, MS)–I had the ribs, Green Beans, and Corn. The ham hock was also interesting:
2) Oceana (New Orleans, LA)–Oysters, Alligator Sausage, Turtle Soup, and Crab CakeFettucine.
1) Café du Monde (New Orleans, LA)–Beignets & Hot Chocolate. Yum!
Top 3 “Heights”:
3) Baton Rouge Capitol (Baton Rouge, LA)
2) Vulcan Statue (Birmingham, AL)
1) Tybee Beach Lighthouse (Tybee Island, GA)
Favorite State Capitol:
The Louisiana State Capitol in Baton Rouge has been my favorite state capitol so far this trip. It is the tallest state capital in the U.S.It has 34 floors and is 450 feet tall!
Thanks for following us on our Deep South Trip! We really appreciate your support.